Tuesday, April 13, 2004

WILL THE MEETING COME TO ORDER

I have been having very long nights lately. For instance last night, I went to bed at 10pm and I woke up at 2:15 because I fell asleep with the light on. I lay awake until 3am and I think I dozed on and off until 6:45. It would've been better if I'd slept straight through, but I don't. When I lay down at night, and even moreso when I wake up in the middle of the night, there is a board meeting going on in my head. The meeting is usually chaired by Anxiety and his twin, Fear although sometimes Judgement likes to do it. Doubt is always there, but doesn't always talk, she just kind of mutters in the corner. Worry never shuts up and Anger will bark occasionally but mostly just stews. Frustration whinges and throws himself on the floor while having really loud tantrums. I'm not sure if they've got Serenity, Contentment, Centered and Calm locked in a closet or what. I'm going to take myself here. I think that I could probably get a good night's sleep in any of these rooms, but I particularly like the Mediterranean Villa rooms.

I just have to outrun Anxiety, Fear, Doubt, Judgement, Worry and Frustration. They're really getting on my nerves.

No comments: