Thursday, October 28, 2004

VIRAL DISRUPTION

I spent most of today running various scans on my computer. Trendmicro found six viruses, none of which could be "cleaned", so I deleted them and hope that they are gone for good. Panda software found two viruses and disinfected one. The other one is not disinfected but I have no idea what that means. I've done three Ad-aware scans today and removed 90 "items" - and after all that my computer is working a little more efficiently. The Norton antivirus that runs periodic scans hasn't indicated that there were any problems - I'm not impressed with Norton anti-virus. It costs a lot of money and it seems like all kinds of things slide past it.

I also didn't sleep last night. I don't know why, but it was one of those nights where you lay there aware of the fact that you aren't asleep, but you're not awake enough to get up and read. I probably should've taken an Ambien, but by the time I realized that sleep wasn't going to come it was about 3 a.m. and I didn't have eight hours to sleep. I had to get up in about 4 more hours. Note to self: renew Rx for Valium.

Anyway, I just basically wanted to give a shout out to the Boston Red Sox who made their fans so very happy last night. I didn't watch the game. I am just not a baseball fan. And I also got involved in a conversation and didn't realize they were even playing until the game was already over. I watched a couple of the playoff games and game one. I realized that waiting for a hit, waiting for the outs, it just gives me anxiety and angst. And I also get grossed out when they show the guys sitting in the dugout spitting and I start imagining what it's like in that dank hole with all the tobacco scented saliva. Yuck.

But still way to go Red Sox! Congratulations on sweeping the world series. After 86 years the curse is broken!

No comments: