Monday, June 20, 2005

HEY PEG! something is seriously fucked up with blogger and I can't make spaces, so anyway............Today I was going to write about how my friend Adam married God this weekend and became a priest. But I ran out of time to write the story and now my friend Gemma is going to be here any minute with her fiance Tim, whom I’ve never met, but who thinks I’m a little crazy.

And he might be right because this weekend? When my friend Peg was driving off after staying over on Saturday night (she’d flown down to watch Adam marry God)? I walked into the bathroom and noticed that she’d left her cell phone plugged into the charger that was plugged into the wall. More than a few minutes had elapsed since I said, “Bye Peg, have a good time at mass and a safe trip home.” So I grabbed the phone and sprinted out my front door only to see her pull away from the curb and drive much more quickly than I can run toward the corner.

So I ran out into the middle of the street hollering, “Hey Peg! Peggy!” at the top of my lungs, and jumping up and down waving my arms, figuring that she would at least see me in jumping up and down in the middle of the street in her rearview mirror.

And she did.

It didn’t occur to me until I was mid leap and stopping traffic that was coming in the other direction that I was wearing only a large t-shirt.

Hey!

No comments: