Wednesday, November 10, 2004

SOMETHING POSITIVE

I am, by nature, a positive person. I have drama queen tendencies for sure, but my glass is mostly half full. It's hard to think of a positive thing to say about the doings in Iraq. As I've mentioned before I feel that this country was lied to and consequently sons and daughters, mothers and fathers are being killed on foreign soil for no good reason. Not to mention what's happening to innocent Iraqi's - who have to live through this war. Unlike those who pulled the lever for 4 more years of lies and smirks, I don't believe that Saddam Hussein ever represented a terrorist threat to this country, nor do I believe that there were any WMDs.

BUT ANYWAY!

Today is Veteran's Day and sadly, there are Americans in military service, just doing their jobs, in Iraq. I have discovered a way to do something positive by going to the USO website, where I donated $25.00 to sponser a care package. These care packages are put together by the USO who are in the know about what people are requesting, e.g. the troops in Iraq were asking for flea collars because the bug problem. They send them to members of the U.S. military all over the world.

Even if I didn't know anyone over there I would still do this because regardless of how I feel about the war I still feel a lot of compassion for those people who are over there. It sucks. And it will change their lives forever. And not in a good way. They are seeing things that no one would want their child to see. Anything I can do to make that experience even a tiny bit more humane I will happily do.

And I hope you do too.

No comments: