Friday, April 09, 2004

Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

I tried to go to work today, but the gates were locked. There were no cars in the parking lot. There was no one there.

I clearly didn't get the memo.

Good Friday is a religious holiday, but the banks are closed and I don't believe the mailman will be comin' around today. When did a religious holiday get federal recognition. I'm rooting around in my memory and I swear it seems like this is the first time this has happened!

I'm not a Jesus person - although I think he was cool - I just don't buy into the idea that of all the people crucified he was the only one to rise from the dead with super powers. I think when he said he was the son of God he wasn't claiming exclusivity, but it gave people a good reason to kill him.

Easter to me is a pagan holiday celebrating life and fertility and springtime...

And candy.

No comments: